The holidays sure seem to have come fast this year, and guess what? Time moves quickly in November and December. Folks get in a panic when there’s not enough time for shopping. Phoenix on the Cheap will help you sift through your choices for BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPING.
Have some kind of strategy. If you leave at wee early hours in the morning without one, I promise you will not be successful. I say that from personal experience.
A list of stores and the steals on the list; that’s a must. If you are going to the big retail stores, download their App first. Not all deals and steals are when the store opens, and many give you extra discounts if you use the App. Start looking now, and if you’re willing, shop while Thanksgiving is being prepared. Most major retailers, including Walmart, Target and Best Buy, will begin offering their Black Friday doorbusters online very soon.
There seems to be a trend on what is best to buy when. Heres the list:
- Black Friday, Nov. 25: Shop for appliances (with average markdowns of about 9 percent) and sporting goods (6 percent)
- Sunday, Nov. 27: Toys (2 percent) and computers (18 percent)
- Cyber Monday, Nov. 28: Televisions (19 percent)
- Tuesday, Nov. 29: Furniture and bedding (10 percent), and tools and home improvement (6 percent)
- Tuesday, Dec. 27 : Electronics (27 percent)
The deals are beginning earlier than ever, but that doesn’t mean you have to rush to lock them in. You may be able to score even-deeper markdowns by waiting. The selection is less, but deals are better.
Many choose to stay home and simply shop The Black Friday Online Deals. The deals are just as good and you often get free shipping. For those out of town gifts, ship them directly to save a few bucks.